Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm Back!!

It has been way too long since I last visited my beloved blog. Life happens and a hiatus was necessary. That being said, I believe I am in the best shape of my life. FITness is still a huge part of my life and thoughts.

When I first began this blog I said I would run a half marathon. I did not run the half marathon November of 2010, life had other plans for me. After a move and a new addition to the family I finally completed my goal. I ran the Octoberun in Redwood City in October of 2012. With a finish time of 2:08:17, I was pleased, yet know there is a lot of room for improvement. It was quite the learning experience. My next race was with the Mermaid series in San Francisco, a 10K. I had a goal finish time of 54:00 and finished it at that time. It was a wonderful accomplishment. In March I will run an un-organized half marathon in preparation for another Mermaid Series race in the East Bay, California: the Sirena 18 miler. In October, I hope to be completing my first Triathlon in Las Vegas. By December 31, 2013 I hope to have run at least 700 miles. Lots of exciting things going on! Are you keeping up with your FITness goals this year?

That's me on the right, 33.


Crossing the finish line! (Wearing my Lucy Distance Knee Pant-still totally love this pant and has held up phenomenally) 

All right, since I was last on here CrossFit and Tabata Workouts seem to have made an appearance on the FITness scene. Have any of you done either or both and how do you like it? What are your pros and cons to these workout styles? Myself, I have not done neither, but will perform my first Tabata Workout at 6am tomorrow morning...or this morning for most of you.

My feelings on these different workout crazes: any exercise is good for you as long as you are performing correctly, are healthy, and listening to your body. Let's be honest, if you are trying to get some form of good workout in, you are better off than another who isn't.

I'll let you know what I think about the Tabata Workout after a few weeks or so. I will be doing this two times a week and running 4 times a week. I will also be riding my bike on the indoor bike trainer. I'm thinking Tabata could be a great cross training day, and perhaps will need to cut down to just once a week as the body does need to have recovery time. Listening to your body is a good skill to develop.

Keep workin' it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back! Wahoo! I'm ready for some challenges...as long as they don't involve running. :)

    ReplyDelete

FITting it in will share amazing tips on how you can incorporate exercise and nutrition into your hectic and crazy life.
You're body won't know what hit it after you learn all the tricks of sneaking those exercises in during your day. In the car, at the store, through the house, walks around the block...
keep on reading, get hooked, and most importantly FIT it in!

Lucy Activewear Free Shipping on $125+ (yoga photo)