Friday, March 5, 2010

Map My Run, etc.

It is a goal of mine to complete a half marathon in the next year. Because I have a need for everything to be highly organized in my life, I needed a way to map my runs so I now exactly how far I'm running and a way to keep track of it all.

Map My Run is a great website that helps you do just this. Yesterday I was able to map exactly a 5K run right in my neighborhood. Today I am doing a shorter run for speed and am able to map that run out as well. They even have an app for your app compatible devices. That's great technology!
This same company has Map My Fitness that helps you connect with people doing triathlons. Keep a log of your activity here to keep track of your training. They have a free membership and offer 3 other levels of membership depending on your level of involvement with the activity or your commitment level. Glad I came across it.

Trailsource is a site for mapping hikes, mountain biking, ATVing, and other extreme sports.

My husbands favorite magazine is Success Magazine. They often have great articles on fitness or nutrition. The article I found had a few great sites to hook up with people with the same fitness interests as yourself. Click here to read the article for yourself and see if any of the other sites fit your fitness desires.

When you are done doing that go do 3 sets of 10 crunches along with another 3 sets of 15 pushups. You'll feel great at the end of the day and very accomplished! Do this Saturday as well, take a rest on Sunday.

I'll be back on Monday for your Motivation Monday post. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FITting it in will share amazing tips on how you can incorporate exercise and nutrition into your hectic and crazy life.
You're body won't know what hit it after you learn all the tricks of sneaking those exercises in during your day. In the car, at the store, through the house, walks around the block...
keep on reading, get hooked, and most importantly FIT it in!

Lucy Activewear Free Shipping on $125+ (yoga photo)