Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Challenge

Time to really get moving. I'm feeling a bug to be outside and enjoy all the nice weather we've been having. So, that's what I've planned for the day. Riding on my bike to the park with the children behind me in the trailer, again. They love it as much as I do!

**Are you doing an isometric exercise while you are reading this post?** (friendly reminder)

Didn't do a bike ride yesterday, try again today-weather permitting, of course.

Don't forget to drink your water! Try to drink 64 oz. of water throughout the day.

I go in and out of favorite exercises. Right now I'm really hooked on push-ups.

Right after you are done reading this post get down and do 15!

Modified or regular push-ups, both are great. If you are not able to do either, go to a wall and lean into it. Push away from the wall with both hands just as you would a push-up done on the ground. Yesterday I did 90 push-ups. I woke up with a wonderful soreness in my arms that can only be achieved by doing 90 push-ups. I spread it out during the day. 45 in the morning and 45 at night. I was really working hard on the last 10.

CHALLENGE: Do 3 sets of 15 push-ups. Can't do them all at one time? Spread them throughout the day. Can't do 15 at a time? Do 10. Start there and work yourself up.
Don't forget to breath out, exhale, as you lower yourself and breath in, inhale, on your way back up.
Keep proper form with your tummy tight so not to hurt your back. Make sure you look flat as a board throughout the whole exercise. Warm up before you begin by swing your arms, getting them warm to reduce risk of injury. Good luck! I'd love to hear how you did. Leave a comment to let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FITting it in will share amazing tips on how you can incorporate exercise and nutrition into your hectic and crazy life.
You're body won't know what hit it after you learn all the tricks of sneaking those exercises in during your day. In the car, at the store, through the house, walks around the block...
keep on reading, get hooked, and most importantly FIT it in!

Lucy Activewear Free Shipping on $125+ (yoga photo)