Buy frozen shelled soybeans and run a handful of them under steaming hot water. Spritz with fresh lemon juice for a tangy twist.
This protein packed bean also contains cholesterol lowering soy protein.
For a quick snack this is a great way to go.
Here's what you'll find in a half-cup serving of shelled edamame (or 1 1/8 cup edamame in the pods):
- 120 calories
- 9 grams fiber
- 2.5 grams fat
- 1.5 grams polyunsaturated fat (0.3 grams plant omega-3 fatty acids)
- 0.5 gram monounsaturated fat
- 11 grams protein
- 13 grams carbohydrate
- 15 mg sodium
- 10% of the Daily Value for vitamin C
- 10% Daily Value for iron
- 8% Daily Value for vitamin A
- 4% Daily Value for calcium
Let me know how you like edamame!
Continue with your workout routine.